Friday, May 20, 2011

Shrimp and Linguine

**The recipe says to serve cold as a pasta salad, but I did it warm for dinner. Also, I didn't have everything called for, I made some substitutions.

1 8oz pkg linguine, broken in half (I had spaghetti on hand)
1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (I had frozen peas on hand)
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp finely shredded lime peel
2 tbsp peanut oil (I didn't have any, I used EVOO)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots (I used onion)
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (I didn't have any)

Bring a 4-qt stockpot filled two thirds with water to a boil. Break linguine in half and add to stockpot. Cook according to package directions, adding the broccoli and shrimp the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain in colander and rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well.
Meanwhile, for the dressing, combine lime peel, lime juice, peanut oil, rice vinegar, shallots, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl.
Gently toss noodle mixture with dressing in bowl.


Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment