Sunday, May 22, 2011

Biscuits

This is the absolute best biscuit recipe I've tried-- it's replaced my former favorite biscuit recipe. I found it on the Food Network website, but I don't remember who's recipe it is.

2 c flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
8 tbsp very cold butter, cut into small cubes, plus 2-3 tbsp melted butter
3/4 c milk or buttermilk (I usually end up needing 3/4 c + 1-2 tbsp milk)

Preheat oven to 425. Combine the dry ingredients, then cut in the cold butter until it's all crumbly. Stir in the milk. Roll out to desired thickness, then use a glass or biscuit cutter dipped in flour to cut the biscuits out. Place in a buttered cast-iron skillet, brush the tops with melted butter, and bake 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden. Brush with melted butter again, then serve.

Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment