* 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
* 2/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
* 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup pistachios
* In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 1/4 cup honey, orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
* Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
I omitted the pistachios, and only used about 1 tsp of orange zest- and it was still VERY orangey; it was also very sweet (that was while it was warm; I haven't tried it cold yet). Next time, I'll probably skip the orange and increase the cinnamon a little, and maybe decrease the honey and/or sugar. But overall, it's a great recipe! It just needs a little tweaking to individual tastes.
Posted by: Tabitha