Friday, May 20, 2011

Apple Bundles

I made this as a way to use up some leftover homemade pie crust. I had enough to make a dozen little pie crust cut-outs, using about two apples. If you're making this from a whole pie crust (instead of leftover scraps) you'll need a lot more, obviously. Basically, the whole recipe is "to taste." Use however much tastes right to you. (Also, I used golden delicious apples because that's what I had on hand.)

Ingredients:
Refrigerated pie crust (or, one recipe home made pie crust, rolled out)
Apples, sliced (also peeled if the peel is kind of thick) 
Lemon Juice
Apple pie spice (or pumpkin pie spice, they're pretty similar)
Brown Sugar

Preheat oven to 400. Mix together the apples, lemon juice, apple pie spice, and brown sugar. Let it sit about 5-10 minutes. Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut out little discs of pie crust and place on a cookie sheet. Top each with 1-2 apple slices, then bring up the sides to cover the apples. Put them in the oven, and turn the oven down to 350. Bake 15-20 minutes (or more if necessary... I didn't time it when I made them, so I'm estimating, here!) until the apples are soft and the crust is golden.


Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment