Friday, May 20, 2011

Sausage Gravy

Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,175,133181-245192,00.html?pg=2&opt=old


After reading the comments on it, I changed it up a little. Here are the changes I made-

-I used 1 lb of sausage instead of 3/4 lb (Jimmy Dean Original)
-I added 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil to the sausage after it was cooked because there wasn't much grease
-I used 6 tbsp flour
-I added salt & pepper to taste (not sure how much)

I didn't make my own biscuits; Grands Southern Style in a can works just fine for me ;)
Oh, and I cooked the sausage on medium, and turned it up to med-high after I added the milk, until it was boiling. Then I turned it down to med-low to simmer until thick. Make sure to stir frequently!


Posted by: Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment