Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Layer Dip

I combined a few recipes to make this one. And I didn't use exact measurements as I went along so, if you try it and it could use a little more or little less, let me know :)

In a round baking dish...

Layer 1) 1 can of refried beans mixed with 1/4 pack of taco seasoning. Blend well.

Layer 2) 3 avocados (I used Haas) peeled and pitted. Pour lemon juice over the halves to keep from browning. 
1/4 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mash all together with a potato masher. Keep it a little lumpy.

Layer 3) Sour Cream!

Layer 4) Lettuce, chopped/torn fine

Layer 5) Tomatoes, chopped and seeded (I used 3 roman)

Layer 6) Sliced Black Olives, drained

Layer 7) Shredded Cheese (I would have liked to had sharp but used mild instead)

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips :) Mine are Mission. 


Posted by: Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment