Friday, May 20, 2011

Pork Chops in Tangy Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce

2 tbsp olive oil
4 pork chops
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 28 oz (or 2 15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes

Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brown on each side. Remove them from the skillet. Add in the scallions and garlic and cook until tender. Once the scallions are tender, add the vinegar, brown sugar, and tomatoes to the pan. Bring the sauce up to a bubble and return the pork chops to the pan. Finish cooking the pork chops in the sauce, 3-4 minutes.


*This is the recipe as copied from my Racheal Ray cookbook. I did a few things differently-- I didn't have white wine vinegar, so I used red. I didn't have scallions, so I used about 1/3 of a sweet onion. Also, the recipe in the book is for the chops and a side dish, and I wasn't paying attention and ended up adding bacon to the tomato sauce. It actually turned out tasting REALLY good, the smokiness of the bacon worked really well with the tangy flavor of the tomato sauce.


Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment