Friday, May 20, 2011

Red Enchilada Sauce

3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
3 c. water

In a med. saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients except the water until it makes a smooth paste. Add the water and simmer over med-low heat for an hour, until thick.

The original recipe says it's enough for 8 enchiladas, but I made 10 and still had half the sauce left over, but it supposedly freezes well, so next time I make enchiladas, I've already got some sauce on hand!

(I filled my tortillas with a combo of chicken, ground cumin, and colby-jack cheese, put them in a 9x13 glass baking dish, topped them with half the sauce, sprinkled a little more cheese on top, and baked at 350 for 30 minutes.)


Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment