Friday, May 20, 2011

Orzo with Vegetables and Goat Cheese

This was one of those "what do I have that I can throw together" kind of things, so whatever veggies you have on hand would probably be just as good in here. I'm listing what I had on hand. Feel free to experiment! (Fresh herbs would be great in this, too!)

1 yellow squash, diced
1 zucchini, diced
6-8 scallions, chopped (green tops reserved for garnish if you want)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 bell pepper (I had orange), chopped
1/2 box orzo pasta
2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled or chopped

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Before you drain it, reserve about 3/4 c of the cooking water (as an afterthought, I thought it would be better if I had cooked the pasta in chicken broth).
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over med-high. Add a couple tbsp of olive oil and the veggies. Cook until they're soft. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add the pasta and goat cheese and, if necessary, some of the cooking water to keep if from getting sticky. Stir until the cheese melts.


Posted by: Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment