Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Isn't Pinterest great?! Without it, I never would have learned of this dish. It's awesome, mixed with some more awesome, and sprinkled with a little more awesome on top. I think I love it more than buffalo chicken dip, and that's really saying something!!! (Also, the original recipe called for bacon, but I didn't have any. I assume bacon would only make it better, though.)

16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c mayo
6 jalapenos, minced (remove the seeds and ribs to cut down on the heat factor.)
1 c shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
panko bread crumbs
butter

In a medium bowl, combine everything except the panko and butter. Spread into an 8x8 baking dish, top with the panko, and dot with butter. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve with chips or crackers. (I used wheat thins, but really, I would have just sat and eaten with a spoon.)

If you want the original recipe, it's here. (My recipe is adapted to what I had on-hand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment